Benefits of Cryotherapy
GENERAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
A safe and natural treatment, the benefits of cryotherapy help to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, increase cellular survival, and promote overall health. In a 3-minute cryotherapy treatment, the sub-zero temperatures cause blood to rush to the core as a survival mechanism where the blood becomes oxygen-rich and nutrient-dense. Instantly after the treatment, blood recirculates throughout the body, removing toxins and inflammation and encouraging natural healing.
- Pain relief from joint disorders including fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduced muscle soreness, spasms, and inflammation
- Alleviates the symptoms of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines and the effects of stress
- Lowers the incidence of colds and flu
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
While diet and exercise are the major factors for maintaining a healthy weight, cryotherapy can help encourage weight loss when combined with a proper diet and exercise routine to burn an additional to 500-800 calories following each 3-minute session. Routine cryotherapy can help reset the body’s metabolic rate and naturally increase the body’s metabolism the following 8 hours after each 3-minute session.
- Increases circulation and eliminates toxins from the blood and body
- Help ‘reset’ the body’s metabolic rate after multiple treatments
- Boost the body’s natural metabolic level
- Increases the body’s metabolism by burning an additional 500-800 calories after each 3-minute treatment
SPORTS AND FITNESS
The benefits of cryotherapy have been used by pro-athletes, weekend warriors, and competitors of all levels as an effective technique for improved recovery to alleviate inflammation after strenuous exercise and training. Cryotherapy reduces recovery time by inducing the natural anti-inflammatory effect of cold on muscles to elevate the body’s ability to recover and reduce post-workout fatigue.
- Reduces inflammation, swelling, and pain
- Enhances energy and releases pain-relieving endorphins
- Improves muscle and motor unit activation
- Increases testosterone levels in men
BENEFITS OF A CRYOTHERAPY SESSION
BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
Cryotherapy is a safe, natural alternative to other expensive surgical procedures for achieving anti-aging results. The benefits of cryotherapy include stimulated collagen production and tightened skin. Cryotherapy improves blood flow and the removal of toxins to rejuvenate the skin and reduce the visibility of cellulite.
- Improves collagen production to reduce the visible signs of aging by helping to even skin tone and reduce cellulite & wrinkles.
- Increases blood flow to the skin and facilitates the removal of toxins to reduce the damage of oxidative stress
- Healthier complexion and the amelioration of skin conditions such as psoriasis, blemishes and acne.
Cryotherapy benefits individuals recovering from surgery by reducing the recovery time. It reduces inflammation and increases blood flow to facilitate the body’s natural healing process. Consult your physician before beginning cryotherapy treatment.
- Improves post-surgery recovery with up to 40% reduction in recovery time
- Reduces pain & inflammation
- Natural pain reliever, analgesic effects when endorphins are released
- Improves circulation to facilitate the healing process and removal of toxins